Student Fees Deferment Agreement
(Not available for Summer credit classes)
It shall be the responsibility of the Student to follow the policies listed here, in order to be eligible for the Deferred Fee Payment Plan. If at least one-half (50%) of current total fees are paid, you will automatically be enrolled in the Deferred Fee Payment Plan and have agreed to the terms stated below:
- The student must owe a minimum of $100 after subtracting any financial aid, scholarships, fee waivers, and fee discounts from the balance owed.
- A minimum payment is due immediately for one-half (50%) of current total fees.
- The setup fee for the Deferred Fee Payment Plan is $25.00 and must be paid at time of enrollment in the plan.
- Student hereby agrees to pay the remaining deferred balance as stated in this agreement in two (2) installments on or before the due dates specified for each installment.
- A $25.00 late fee will be assessed for each installment payment not received by the due dates noted below.
- It is further understood that INSTALLMENT AMOUNTS MAY CHANGE over time to account for any new charges, payments, adding or dropping classes, or financial aid adjustments.
- IMPORTANT: Should you withdraw from school, any fees and charges already incurred are still due. Refunds are handled in accordance with the policies stated on the Chattanooga State Community College website (http://www.chattanoogastate.edu/financial/tuition-fees/refunds).
2nd Installment in the amount of $____________ is due on February 17, 2016 @ 5:30 pm EST
3rd Installment in the amount of $_____________ is due on March 17, 2016 @ 5:30 pm EST
Failure to meet the terms of this agreement may entitle Chattanooga State Community College to:
- Declare the full balance, plus late fees, to be immediately due and payable by law.
- Refuse subsequent registration for any classes and/or drop current classes.
- Withhold grades, diplomas or transcripts from being released until the unpaid balance, as well as all attorney fees, legal expenses and other costs are paid in full.
- When an installment is paid and is returned by reason of insufficient funds, said payment shall be considered delinquent. The student shall then be subject to a late payment charge and the College’s standard charges relative to returned checks.
- When enrolling under this plan, it shall be understood by the student that in the event the services of a collection agency or an attorney are required in order to collect the unpaid balance, said student shall be responsible for payment of collection fees or attorney’s fees and court costs.
You are able to make installment payments: 1) Online, 2) In person with cash, check or credit card, 3) or Mail to:
Chattanooga State Community College, c/o Bursar’s Office
4501 Amnicola Hwy., Chattanooga, TN 37406.
“Chattanooga State will begin processing paper checks electronically effective July 19, 2007. If you deliver a check in-person or mail it to the college, your paper check will be converted to an electronic Automated Clearing House (ACH) transaction. For your reconciliation purposes, these checks will now appear on your monthly bank statement as an Electronic Debit. If for any reason you do not wish your check to be converted to an electronic debit, please send your payment to the address noted above, with notification that you do not want y our check processed electronically.”