Dear Chattanooga State Family,
It is only one week until Thanksgiving Day. While this year has been full of challenges for all of us, I hope you will take the time to reflect on what you are grateful for. I encourage you to tell the people in your lives how much you appreciate them.
The times we are living in can be so contentious. During this holiday season, I hope that we can all focus on our appreciation for others and what unites us, rather than on our differences.
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate our Chattanooga State family--our students, faculty and staff. Thank you for being part of our college family.
Childcare Center Closed Until November 30th
TCAT Registration Instructions
Early College/Dual Enrollment Students Registration
December 2020 graduates
SOAR Student Award
Student Life Events & Activities
If you are able to work and learn from home, please do so. If you must come to campus for class, work, or teaching, you may continue to do so. Of course, you will continue to complete the COVID-19 questionnaire before coming to campus.
Please protect our community, yourself, and your loved ones by continuing to wear your mask when you are on campus or out in the community. Please stay home if you feel sick. We want you to be healthy, and we need your help in keeping our campus and community healthy as well. We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.
The Child Development Center will be closed for deep cleaning and disinfecting protocols and will remain closed for 14 days for all employees and students to self-quarantine. The Child Development Center will re-open on Monday, November 30, 2020.
The Fall 2020 semester is coming to a close so we want to remind you that Spring 2021 registration has started. Please reach out to your assigned advisor to make an advising appointment. If you’re not sure who your assigned advisor is, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Tiger Tracks (https://degreeworks.chattanoogastate.edu) using your Tiger Web username and password to login.
- Look in the Academic Advisor box (top right or corner). If there are two advisors listed, reach out to the first person listed.
- Once you have located your advisor, use the campus directory (https://directory.chattanoogastate.edu/) to contact them via email or phone.
- No advisor listed? No worries. Click this link: https://library.chattanoogastate.edu/AAVO to find out who your advisor is.
- After you receive your educational plan and pin #, it is time to register for your classes. Here’s how: https://youtu.be/iJWWmjYA79g
You do not need a PIN to register. Also, TCAT students do not have an assigned advisor, but everyone in TCAT Student Services is here and happy to help you. TCAT Student Services is open from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.. Our email is TCATSS@ChattanoogaState.EDU, or you can call us at 423-697-4433.
Early College/Dual Enrollment students are registered through the Early College Office in partnership with students’ high school counselor. Please reach out to the Early College through the Early College Virtual Office to help with registration.
Student Life Department Hours of Operation are Monday-Thursday from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. by appointment only via: Calendly Appointment Scheduler
December 14th begins production and renewal of Spring 2021 IDs. In order for students to receive an ID, they must be able to provide the following:
- Student A#
- A valid Driver’s License or State Identification Card
- All fees must be paid or payment arrangements made with the Bursar Office and/or Financial Aid must be distributed to the student’s account.
- If you are unable to obtain a student ID during office hours, contact the Director of Student Activities at Dedric.email@example.com.
Be sure to check your TigerMail for your access code to complete the College Exit Exam by December 11, 2020. All associate degree graduates must complete the College Exit Exam titled the California Critical Thinking and Skills Test in order to receive their degree. The exam is online, at your convenience, and will take approximately 1 hour to complete. The College Exit Exam is in addition to any major field tests required of your specific major. If you have not received the email or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Congratulations to Deborah Hale for winning the SOAR Regional Competition! Deborah was interviewed by a committee of faculty and staff and selected as the institutional winner in October 2020. She represented Chattanooga State in the SOAR Regional Competition that was held virtually on Friday, November 13, 2020. The Statewide Outstanding Achievement & Recognition Awards (SOAR) is a three level competition that is organized by TBR The College System of Tennessee. It is designed to recognize a student who has displayed exemplary service at their institution and throughout the community. The student must also have exemplary academic accomplishments during their enrollment. Deborah will move on to the State Competition that will be held in Nashville in spring 2021.
SGA Holiday Cabinet Meeting, Friday, November 20, 12:00 PM
All students are welcome to join! Student cabinet meetings are a time when students can meet and discuss concerns with the college administration, learn about leadership opportunities, hear about upcoming campus events, and share club and organization announcements. https://chattanoogastate.campuslabs.com/engage/events
- Tutoring: Virtual tutoring services are available to you. Click here for more information.
- Emergency Aid: The Student Support Center is available to assist students struggling to meet their basic needs. Please use the Wellness Check on TigerWeb to let us know if you need assistance.
- Food: The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/tiger-cupboard for more information.
- Technology Support: Devices (laptops, hotspots, etc.) are available through the College. To request a device, complete the technology request form.
- Support Services: Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Visit the virtual Student Support Center here to learn more about the many services offered.
- Academic Resources: Visit the Fall 2020 Update page for a listing of academic resources, including links to the Math Center, Andrews Reading and Writing Center, the Testing Center, Kolwyck Library, and more.