Dear Chattanooga State family,
As of today, we are officially one month into the fall semester. I hope that you have settled into your classes and found a routine that is working for you. As a reminder, if you need help, please let us know. We want you to be successful, and we have resources available to you to help you achieve success.
We have changed the format for this week’s communication. Hopefully, the change will make the communication easier to read.
This week’s update includes the following topics (click the link to read the full article):
- Flu Clinic Reminder
- Technology Resource Request Process
- Virtual Backgrounds
- Student Resources: We’re Here to Help
Remember, if you are sick, stay home. We want you to be healthy, and we need your help in keeping our campus community healthy as well. Please stay safe, and wear your face mask. We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.
CVS Health will be offering our campus flu clinic on Friday, September 25 in the lobby of the Health Science Center from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Bring your Caremark or other insurance prescription card or cash price will be $34.00 (bring exact amount). Students and employee dependents are welcome. Before entering campus, you must complete the daily health screening questionnaire. While on campus, you must wear a mask and remain at least 6 feet apart from others on campus.
With the on-going concern about the COVID-19 virus, we are continuing to provide technology systems for faculty, staff, and students. If you have a technology resource need, the Technology Division has implemented an easy-to-use process for requesting technology resources.
- Go to the Fall 2020 Update page on the ChattState website.
- On the Fall 2020 Update page, look for the section titled “Resources” in which you will see a link to the Technology Needs Request Form. This link is listed under both Faculty/Staff Resources and Student Resources. You can also access the form directly at https://techrequest.chattanoogastate.edu.
- Fill the form out completely. Note, you will be required to log-in using your TigerWeb credentials. If a specific software is required, the Technology Division will work with you to determine licensing support, as needed. Once completed, submit the form by clicking the blue “submit” button.
- Upon receipt of the request, the Technology Division will:
a.) Send an email indicating receipt of the request. Due to limited inventory, the request may not be able to be filled immediately. Requests are filled based on “first come, first served.”
b.) Place all of the necessary inventory tags on the equipment and enter the information into the inventory system for tracking.
c.) Send an email notice if a resource is currently unavailable and update the request to “In Queue.” The email will indicate that we are waiting for your resource and that we will notify you when the resource is available for pick-up.
d.) Notify you when your requested hardware is available for pick-up. You will receive a text message notification.
- You can pick up your hardware Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. in Omniplex Room 150. Due to the large amount of requests, we ask that you pick up the item(s) within seven (7) business days. If we do not hear from you in that timespan, we will try to contact you by phone, text and email to determine if you still need the resource. If there is a reason that you cannot pick up within the given timeframe, please call 423-697-5767 and let us know. We will be glad to work with you around your schedule in order to fulfill your request.
- If we cannot contact you or you inform us that you no longer need the resource, we will notify you that we have cancelled your request and return the resources to our inventory.
If you would like to use a Chattanooga State virtual background for meetings or classes, four backgrounds have been developed for your use (links below). The virtual backgrounds can also be located in the Media Bank at the bottom of the page, as well as on the Fall 2020 Update page in the Resources section.
The Student Government Association asks that we not forget about the upcoming Presidential Election on November 3rd. Make sure you are registered to vote at least 30 days before the upcoming election day. Register to vote or change your address by clicking here. For more information on Voter Registration, please visit GoVoteTN.com.
- Voter Registration Deadline - Monday, October 5
- Absentee Ballot Request Deadline - Tuesday, October 27
- Early Voting Period - Wednesday, October 14 - Thursday, October 29
- Election Day - Tuesday, November 3
Contact your local Election Commission or County Clerk Office for location and hours of operation. If you aren’t sure where you should vote, visit https://tnmap.tn.gov/voterlookup/ to look-up your assigned polling location.
- Tutoring: Virtual tutoring services are available to you. Click here for more information.
- Emergency Aid: The Helping Hands Fund provides emergency aid for students in need. Submit a Helping Hands Request here.
- Food: The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/tiger-cupboard for more information.
- Technology Support: A limited number of devices (laptops, hotspots, etc.) are available through the College. To request a device, complete the technology request form.
- Support Services: Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Visit the virtual Student Support Center here to learn more about the many services offered.
- Academic Resources: Visit the Fall 2020 Update page for a listing of academic resources, including links to the Math Center, Andrews Reading and Writing Center, the Testing Center, Kolwyck Library, and more.