There are several sources of financial aid that might have different applications, eligibility requirements, and renewal standards.
- Federal aid, including Pell Grant, is what students apply for when they complete the FAFSA each year.
- Tennessee state aid is only available to Tennessee residents and includes merit-based aid like Hope Scholarship and TN Promise.
- Scholarships can be awarded by ChattState, the Foundation, or various third-party donors and include merit- and need-based awards with various criteria.
- Loans must be repaid with interest to the Department of Education regardless of whether students complete their degree.
- Work Study programs require students to work on campus to receive payment.
- TCAT aid is similar to the programs above, but only TCAT students qualify for these resources.