Tuition Refund Deadlines & Fee Adjustment Dates
- Credit Students (College Division)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) Students
Tuition Refund Policies
- Refunds are 100% for courses canceled by the institution.
- Changes in courses involving the adding and dropping of equal numbers of Student Credit Hours (SCH's) for the same term at the same time require no refund or assessment of additional maintenance fees, unless the dropping and adding involves TN eCampus courses. The change of course fee would be applicable.
- The fee adjustment for withdrawals or drops during regular terms (fall and spring) is 75% from the first day of classes through the fourteenth calendar day of classes and then reduced to 25% for a period of time which extends 25% of the length of the term. When the first day of the academic term falls on a Saturday, the 100% refund period is extended through the weekend until the following Monday morning (12:01 a.m). There is no fee adjustment after the 25% period ends. Dropping or withdrawing from classes during either the 75% or the 25% fee adjustment period will result in a fee adjustment of assessed maintenance fees based on the total credit hours of the final student enrollment.
- For summer sessions and other short terms, the 75% fee adjustment period and the 25% fee adjustment period will extend a length of time which is the same proportion of the term as the 75% and 25% periods are of the regular terms.
- The fee adjustment is calculated as the difference between (1) the per credit hour cost of originally enrolled hours and (2) the per credit hour cost of the courses at final enrollment after adjustments have been applied for all courses dropped. Adjustments are calculated at the full per credit hour rate less the fee adjustment credit at the applicable fee adjustment percentage (regardless of the original number of hours enrolled). Not all drops/withdrawals will result in a fee adjustment.
The above referenced "Fee Refunds and Adjustments" are an excerpt from the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) Guideline #B-060. Fees that are non-refundable are listed on the Bursar's website under "Fee Definitions".
Tuition Fee Adjustments & Refunds
Fee adjustments will be processed beginning approximately two weeks after the end of each refund period. It takes several weeks to process all the fee adjustments. The college will deduct from proposed refunds any amount owed by the student to the college.
The result of the fee adjustment for students who receive financial aid may be returned to the financial aid program and/or applied to the balances owed to the college.
Students must withdraw from all classes on or before the Refund Deadline Dates as noted on the Fee Adjustment tables, to be eligible for a fee adjustment. Fee adjustments for sessions other than Full Term will be prorated per TBR policy.
Note: The Refund Deadline Dates as noted on the Fee Adjustment tables are subject to change at any time prior to or during an academic term, due to emergencies or causes beyond the reasonable control of the institution...including severe weather, loss of utility services, or by order of federal or state agencies.
Attention: In order to receive your refund in a timely manner, please notify Admissions or the Registrar of any address/mailing changes.
Financial Aid Refunds - Disbursement Options
As soon as funds are released by the institution, they may be disbursed to you in the following ways:
- Direct deposit to your bank account offered through Chattanooga State eRefunds.
- Check offered through Chattanooga State. All checks are mailed to the mailing address on your Chattanooga State student account.