Ensuring the construction industry has qualified workers at all levels to meet current and future workforce needs.
We work to accomplish this mission through: providing quality education and training, strategically linking education and training pathways to benefit both workers and employers, promoting careers in the construction industry to the region, tracking construction industry trends to keep education and training on the cutting edge.
Education & Training
Education & Training Partners
TNBCI Education and Training Partners work collaboratively with industry to provide the academic and technical training necessary for students to be competitive in the construction job market.
Solar Photovoltaic Installer
Description: Solar photovoltaic (PV) installers, often called PV installers, assemble, install, or maintain solar panel systems on roofs or other structures.
Median Hourly Wage: $18.19 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Surveying and Mapping Technician
Surveying and mapping technicians collect data and make maps of the Earth’s surface. Surveying technicians visit sites to take measurements of the land. Mapping technicians use geographic data to create maps. They assist surveyors, cartographers, and photogrammetrists.
Median Hourly Wage: $20.20 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Masonry workers, also known as masons, use bricks, concrete blocks, concrete, and natural and manmade stones to build walls, walkways, fences, and other masonry structures.
Median Hourly Wage: $19.06 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Heavy Equipment Operator
Construction equipment operators drive, maneuver, or control the heavy machinery used to construct roads, bridges, buildings, and other structures.
Median Hourly Wage: $21.06 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical power, communications, lighting, and control systems in homes, businesses, and factories.
Median Hourly Wage: $24.94 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Construction estimators collect and analyze data in order to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor required to construct a building.
Median Hourly Wage: $29.03 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Construction Project Manager
Construction managers plan, coordinate, budget, and supervise construction projects from start to finish.
Median Hourly Wage: $42.02 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Civil Engineering Technician
Civil engineering technicians help civil engineers to plan, design, and build highways, bridges, utilities, and other infrastructure projects. They also help to plan, design, and build commercial, industrial, residential, and land development projects.
Median Hourly Wage: $23.68 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Solar photovoltaic (PV) installers, often called PV installers, assemble, install, or maintain solar panel systems on roofs or other structures.
Median Hourly Wage: $25.35 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Construction and Building Inspector
Construction and building inspectors ensure that construction meets local and national building codes and ordinances, zoning regulations, and contract specifications.
Median Hourly Wage: $27.57 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Carpenters construct and repair building frameworks and structures—such as stairways, door frames, partitions, rafters, and bridge supports—made from wood and other materials. They also may install kitchen cabinets, siding, and drywall.
Median Hourly Wage: $20.24 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
Welders, cutters, solderers, and brazers use hand-held or remotely controlled equipment to join or cut metal parts. They also fill holes, indentations, or seams of metal products.
Median Hourly Wage: $18.34 | Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Partnered with Chattanooga State to develop the AAS in Construction Management and Construction Engineering Technology.
- Partnered with UTC to establish the BS and MS in Construction Management.
- Partnered with Power Equipment Company (Komatsu) to utilize over $750,000.00 worth of new equipment (at no cost to the College) for Heavy Construction Equipment Operator program.
- Received $47,500.00 Shortage Skills grant through the Tennessee DOL for Heavy Construction Equipment Operator program.
- Received $99,000.00 grant from the Tennessee DOL for pre-construction prep training program.
- Partnered with Stowers Machinery (Caterpillar) to utilize $175,000.00 worth of equipment (at no cost to the College) for Heavy Construction Equipment Operator program.
- East Tennessee Grading, Inc. allocated 20 acres of land for use by the Heavy Construction Equipment Operator program (at no cost).
- Received $55,000.00 grant through the Tennessee Board of Regents for tools and equipment for TTC construction programs.
- Associated General Contractors of East Tennessee established a scholarship endowment for students attending ChSCC or UTC studying a construction discipline and give $50,000 to students annually.
- Facilitate and support the 2+2 transfer between Chattanooga State and UTC for Construction Management.
- Recruit more high school graduates into the existing construction education and training programs through outreach and promotion.
- Provide opportunities for students to intern and job shadow.
- Actively engage with our education and training partners through classroom involvement, advisory boards, and supporting construction-related student organizations.
- Develop solutions to provide and support needed craft training for our region.
Chairperson | Terracon
Vice Chairperson | Raines Brothers
Secretary | City of Chattanooga
Hamilton Co. Dept. of Education
Wright Brothers Construction
AGC of East Tennessee
UTC Construction Management
Chattanooga State Construction Engineering Technology
Chattanooga State Workforce Development