Radiation Protection Concentration
The Radiation Protection Concentration offers students a unique opportunity to obtain high-tech and cutting edge training that will prepare the graduate for any organization or business that handles radioactive substances – including advanced manufacturing, life sciences, research reactors, the nuclear power industry, hazardous waste removal companies and governmental agencies.
Graduates can find career opportunities as:
- Radiation Protection Technicians
- Health Physics Technicians
- Nuclear Medicine Technicians
- Industrial Hygiene Technicians
- Assistant Reactor Operators
- And in the nuclear power industry.
National Annual Mean Wage: $61,600
Tennessee Annual Mean Wage: $61,900
O*Net Online, July 2015