Net Price Calculator
The Net Price Calculator is designed to assist families with planning and estimating educational costs. The 'net price' is the estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) minus estimated grant and merit aid. The net price calculation applies to full-time, first-time degree/certificate-seeking undergraduate students only. Final eligibility for aid is subject to the student completing the FAFSA, meeting eligibility, submitting required information by priority deadlines, and availability of funds. Refer to the Cost of Attendance information below for the components that make up the COA.
Cost of Attendance
College cost, referred to as the Cost of Attendance (COA), includes both direct and indirect costs. Financial aid is available to assist students in paying for a portion of their cost of attendance. There are five basic components used to determine a student's Cost of Attendance (COA) for financial aid purposes:
- Tuition and fees (Direct Cost) - These are charges for a student's education. The charges vary based on the academic program, number of credit hours, and student's state of residency.
- Books and Supplies (Indirect Cost) - These costs represent the average cost for a student.
- Room and Board (Indirect Cost) - Chattanooga State does not have on-campus housing, therefore, the estimated cost of room and board is the average cost of rental cost in the local area or the estimated cost of living with parents.
- Transportation (Indirect Cost) - The average cost of transportation.
- Personal Expenses (Indirect Cost) - The cost of personal items.
|In-state||Tuition and Fees||Room and Board||Books and Supplie||Transportation||Misc/Personal||Living Expenses||Total|
|Living with Parent||$3,973||0||$1,500||$2,700||$1,500||$1,000||$10,673|
|Out of State||Tuition and Fees||Room and Board||Books and Supplies||Transportation||Misc/Personal||Living Expenses||Total|
|Living with Parent||$15,373||$0||$1,500||$2,700||$1,500||$1,000||$22,073|
|In-state||Tuition and Fees||Room and Board||Books and Supplies||Transportation||Misc/Personal||Living Expenses||Total|
|Living with Parent||$2,470||$0||$1,700||$2,700||$1,500||$1,000||$9,370|
*All amounts listed are estimates based on full-time attendance. If enrolled less than full time, the amounts will be prorated.