- Transfer students will be sent information to complete an online orientation and make their own advising appointment. They will be able to register for classes after meeting with an adviser.
- First-time freshmen and first-time transfer students that attend an on-campus orientation will be advised and register at the orientation session.
There is an orientation/advising hold on all first-time freshmen and transfer students. The hold will be lifted when you complete an orientation session.
For students beginning in the Summer 2019 & Fall 2019 communication on how to complete orientation will begin in March.
Once you have completed the enrollment process and you are ready to register for classes a postcard will be mailed to you along with an email with step‐by‐step instructions for RSVP’ing for New Student Orientation. Below is an example of the postcard you will be receiving.
In addition, students will receive an email to their personal account notifying them that it is time to RSVP for the event.
Below is a screen shot of what students will see once you log into your TigerWeb account. The schedule an Orientation appointment will be in the center portal of your student account. The RSVP process is very simple and will allow students to choose the date that best fits your schedules.
Thursday | May 24 | 9:00-2:00
Tuesday | June 4 | 1:00-6:00
Thursday | June 6 | 1:00-6:00
Tuesday | June 11 | 9:00-2:00
Tuesday | June 13 | 1:00-6:00
Thursday | June 20 | 1:00-6:00
Saturday | June 22 | 9:00-2:00
Thursday | June 27 | 1:00-6:00
Tuesday | July 9 | 1:00-6:00
Thursday | July 11 | 9:00-2:00
Tuesday | July 16 | 1:00-6:00
Thursday | July 18 | 5:30-9:30
Tuesday | July 17 | 1:00-6:00
Tuesday | July 23 | 9:00-2:00
Thursday | July 25 | 1:00-6:00
Thursday | August 1 | 1:00-6:00
Saturday | August 3 | 9:00-2:00
Tuesday | August 8 | 1:00-6:00
Thursday | August 13 | 1:00-6:00
Thursday | August 15 | 9:00-2:00
Kimball Site Orientations: Contact the Kimball Campus for additional Information at 423-831-1321
Thursday | June 25
Tuesday | August 6
Davton Site Orientations: Contact the Davton Campus for additional information at 423-365-5010
Tuesday | June 18
Thursday | July 30
Yes. Orientation is required for all first-time and transfer college students in order to register for classes. ChSCC believes that all students who attend a New Student Orientation are more apt to do well in and outside of the classroom. We want you to feel welcome and prepared to begin your college career. (TCAT students are not required to attend these sessions.)
Transfer students can complete an online orientation in lieu of coming to an on-campus orientation session. The online option is also available for freshmen that cannot come to an on-campus session due extenuating circumstances.
We work to accommodate the maximum number of attendees for each event. Because space and seating is limited we have to insist that students RSVP so that we are prepared for their attendance.
Students will be registering for classes and we want to ensure that each of you get the individual attention needed during that process. To that end, faculty need time to evaluate your student records (transcripts, test scores, etc.) and to develop educational plans that fit your needs.
- We encourage you to come ready to take full advantage of the day. The best way to do that is to come prepared to ask questions.
- Beyond that, we encourage you to dress comfortably, wear comfortable shoes for walking, any personal items such as medication and bring an umbrella if the weather is questionable. Rain or shine students will be moving from building to building throughout the day.
Orientation is a 6‐hour event which will include:
– Workshops about success in the classroom, resources for support outside the classroom and Financial Aid literacy.
– Advising based on student majors
– Lunch with faculty and staff
– Tours for those interested. The tour would add approximately 1.5 hours to the day’s schedule.
Timeline Agenda Item Location
Day schedule example:
8:00 - 9:00 Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 Student Success Workshops
11:00 - 11:30 Lunch
11:30 - 3:00 Advising and Registration By Division
Night schedule example:
1:00 - 2:00 Check-in
2:00 - 4:00 Student Success Workshops
4:00 - 4:30 Dinner
4:30 - 6:00 Advising and Registration By Division
Please plan to attend the full orientation. You may leave after you have registered for classes.
To reschedule: Go back to the RSVP link drop your reservation and then RSVP for another date and time that is more conducive to your schedule.
- Yes. Please encourage parents/guardians to attend; however, children, siblings, and significant others are discouraged from attending.
- There is a $10 fee for each parent. When you RSVP for orientation you will be prompted to enter your parent's name and contact information.
Students should return to the RSVP link in TigerWeb. From there they can drop their reservation and then RSVP for another date and time that is more conducive to their schedule.
- New Student Orientation is funded with student fees which are included with other tuition charges. Students attend the event at no additional cost.
- There is a $10 fee for each parent/guardian that is attending with a student.
Yes, a meal will be provide to students and parents.
- If you live in the area and are able to get to campus, we ask that you attend one of the on-ground sessions. The information that we cover will be relevant to all students regardless of the instruction method.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend an on-ground orientation.