Upcoming Graduates, you can order your Cap and Gown from February 5th to March 10th. To order your Cap and Gown, click here.
Please note that it is the responsibility of each student, along with your advisor, to ensure all necessary requirements have been met for degree or certificate completion. Please closely review all Graduation Requirements before submitting an intent to graduate form.
Intent to Graduate Forms
Each student must meet with an advisor to complete an Intent to Graduate form. Submission of the form will initiate posting your credential on your transcript and printing your diploma.
- Credit students Intent to Graduate form and deadlines
- TCAT students Intent to Graduate form and deadlines.
The Exit Exam is required for all associate degree candidates. The exam is given in November for Fall graduates and in March for Spring and Summer graduates. Students who have an Intent to Graduate form on file will receive an email regarding the dates, times and location. The email will be sent to your TigerMail account. Major-specific testing may also be required.
The exam will be given on November 17 and 18, 2014 for Fall 2014 graduates, and in March for Spring and Summer 2015 graduates. Click here for more information.
Your name will appear on your diploma and in the Commencement program as it is listed in our system. If you have a name change, you must submit a "Change of Personal Information" form along with a copy of your social security card. Name changes can only reflect what is on the social security card.
Required Exit Counseling for Student Loan Recipients
If you have received a student loan through Chattanooga State's Financial Aid Office, you must complete an on-line exit interview. Complete this requirement at student loans.gov. Your diploma will not be released if you have not completed the exit interview.
Chattanooga State holds one Commencement Ceremony each year in May. Students who graduate in the fall, spring or summer are eligible to participate in the ceremony. Participation is optional and in no way confirms completion of requirements or official graduation. All requirements for degree and/or certificates must be completed before the credential can be posted to the student's transcript or a diploma awarded.
Details about the ceremony and cap and gown orders will be sent to the student's TigerMail account each year in February. Your intent must be filed by the deadline to receive this information.
- Commencement is May 9, 2015 at the Memorial Auditorium at 10:00 a.m. EST.
- There is no rehearsal and students should arrive at 8:00 a.m. for line-up.
Cap and Gown Orders
- You can place your order online beginning February 5, 2015.
- Pick up your graduation regalia and tickets at the "Grad Finale" in the Student Center on April 7th or 8th, 2015. You will receive more information about this event in March. Please check your TigerMail!
- Provided you have met all requirements for graduation and you have no holds on your account, diplomas will be mailed 6 to 8 weeks after final grades have posted.
- All candidates must fulfill all financial obligations to the college prior to receiving your diploma.
- Please ensure we have your correct mailing address on file. If we do not have your correct address, you must submit a "Change of Address" form to the Enrollment Services Center.
- Students in the Tennessee College of Applied Technology will be notified by the division when their diplomas are ready for pick up.
Graduates and Guests with Disabilities
- If you have a physical disability and will need assistance to participate in the graduation exercises, or if any of your guests need preferential seating in the auditorium because of a physical disability, contact Disabilities Support Services at 423-697-4452.