Use this RN application checklist as a guide for successfully completing the application process for the college and the RN program. All application materials must be received on or before March 1 of each year.
Complete College Enrollment
For consideration of program admittance, you must have completed Chattanooga State enrollment before the program deadline. If you are not a current student at Chattanooga State, please complete a College application online and choose “Credit Division” then choose “Nursing”. Successful completion of all admission requirements to Chattanooga State entails:
- Submitting all official transcripts, vaccination, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Testing (if applicable)
- Orientation (if applicable)
Go to the admission status page to check on your admission status.
Once College Enrollment is Complete
Meet with an advisor to develop your academic plan. All learning support classes should be completed first (if applicable). The prerequisite and general education classes will lighten the load once in the program. Points are awarded for completed courses in the selection process. Please call (423) 493-8740 to set up an advising appointment. Note: To help you understand the program acceptance process, important details, etc., attend a Nursing information session.
If taking classes at another college and applying directly to the program: Start Chattanooga State admission process early. Be sure to include transcripts that you are presently taking even though in progress. As soon as final grades are posted, have your transcript sent immediately to Chattanooga State Admission’s Office to be evaluated. This way you can be fully admitted by program deadline date.
Program Requirements before Deadline:
- Attend a Nursing information session to obtain an explanation of the application process and important program details (session not required, but strongly recommended).
- Take the TEAS test. Sign up early, spaces fill up fast. For more information about the TEAS test and registration form visit the ATI TEAS website.
To be included in Nursing program applicant pool:
- Must be fully admitted to college by program deadline date
- Must maintain a “C” or better in all courses
- Must have Nursing GPA of 2.5 or greater
- Must have College GPA of 2.0 or greater
Remember: The point calculation assessment will not include spring courses in progress at the time of the application deadline. Therefore, if you do not attend Chattanooga State, immediately after your fall grades are posted, send your final transcript to the Chattanooga State Admission Office so they can be evaluated before program deadline date.
Submit Program Application and Required Materials
Completed College Enrollment is required before program deadline for consideration of program admittance.
Submit the Nursing Application form and include the following:
- Copy of your high school transcript if claiming a “B” or better in high school chemistry. Note: All previous transcripts sent to the Chattanooga State Admissions Office cannot be copied and forwarded to the Nursing & Allied Health Division. Have your high school send an original to the student so a copy can be made.
- Copy of TEAS Results that you want to use in your point calculation. View ATI TEAS website for all important details before and after taking the TEAS test.
- Copy of your Point Summary calculations found under Selection/Point Calculation on the Nursing website
Submit Application and Required Materials to:
Chattanooga State Community College
N&AH Application Coordinator, HSC 2088
4501 Amnicola Hwy.
Chattanooga TN 37406