- Select the drop-down menu for “Choose a group” and select “Nursing and Allied Health Division (Teas Exams)”
- Select the drop-down menu for “Choose an exam” and select “ATI Teas Exams”
- By selecting that exam an “Exam Description” will open (be sure to read the exam description before going forward)
- Select the drop-down menu for “Choose a date” and select an open date (open dates are in blue)
- Select the drop-down menu for “Choose a time and select a time
- Fill out the “Who is taking this exam” portion (all of these fields are required)
- Read Guideline Acknowledgment Click box to agree to those guidelines
- Fill out “Needed Information” and Click “Add to Cart”
After signing up for the exam, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided.
Chattanooga State Testing Center Policies
- Day of Test Arrival Instructions - Arrive 10 minutes prior to test starting time. Anyone arriving late will not be allowed to test and will forfeit their testing fee. The student must show picture ID or driver’s license at the time of testing.
- Cancelation Policy - No change of date will be allowed without documentation from a doctor, hospital, or legal notice, etc. A 72 hour notice is required if you have to cancel - call 423-697-2684, 423-697-3367, or 423-697-4461.
- Rescheduling Policy - To reschedule once without penalty of repayment: Present your documentation and note from the doctor, courts, etc. stating your emergency.
- Test Type - Only the online version of ATI TEAS is given at the Chattanooga State Testing Center. No pencil/paper version available.
Note: Students may also register for the TEAS test at a different location.
TEAS General Information
Difficulty Locating your TEAS score Information?
Contact the Application Coordinator at 423-697-2504.
The time allowed for the test is 209 minutes (3 hours 29 minutes).
Total questions: 170 but 20 un-scored pretest questions.
- READING – 64 minutes (53 questions = 31% of test)
Key Ideas & Details (15%), Craft Structure (9%), Integration of Knowledge & Ideas (7%)
- MATH – 54 minutes (36 questions = 22% of test)
Numbers & Algebra (16%), Measurement Data (6%)
- SCIENCE – 63 minutes (53 questions - = 31% of test)
Human Anatomy & Physiology (21%); Life & Physical Sciences (5%); Scientific Reasoning (5%)
- ENGLISH & LANGUAGE USAGE – 28 minutes (28 questions = 16% of test)
Conventions of Standard English (6%), Knowledge of Language (6%), Vocabulary Acquisition (4%)
The Chattanooga State library has two TEAS testing manuals on reserve for library use only. They also have GED, ACT, and SAT prep manuals.
- ATI TEAS Test can be taken every 6 weeks. ATI TEAS (starting September 2016) will be good for 2 years of application deadlines.
- If you plan to retake the ATI TEAS, the higher score total from one test will be used. Remember if you plan to retake before a program deadline, post retake date on the program application under ATI TEAS Information.
- Calculators: the online version of ATI TEAS has a 4-function calculator already embedded within the exam for your convenience.
Review Missed Questions
Log into your ATI Testing Account. You will see the assessment of the TEASE test you most recently completed. Click anywhere in the test results box. A new screen will open with your results. Click on the “Begin” button under Focused Review and continue to your list of content areas that need review.
Retaking the TEAS before Deadline Date
If you decide to retake the TEAS before the program deadline date ATI TEAS Test can be taken every 6 weeks and will be good for 2 years of application deadlines. ATI TEAS allows you to remediate on the questions you missed to help you improve your score. See below for instructions. Other test review resources: relevant sections of GED, ACT, or SAT prep manuals.
Replacing your TEAS Already Turned In
If you decide to retest and want to use the new TEAS results scores, it is your responsibility to resubmit the TEAS report to the Application Coordinator. On the TEAS result copy - write a statement that you would like to replace this new TEAS score, let us know for which program and sign your name. Fax to: (423) 697-2628, bring to HSC 2088 or mail to:
Chattanooga State Community College
Attn: N&AH Application Coordinator HSC 2088
4501 Amnicola Hwy
Chattanooga TN 37406