Use this Radiologic Technology (RT) application checklist as a guide for successfully completing the application process for the college and the RT program. All application materials must be received on or before April 15 of each year (If deadline falls on a weekend, the following Monday will be the deadline date).
Complete College Enrollment
For consideration of program admittance, you must have completed Chattanooga State enrollment before the program deadline. If you are not a current student at Chattanooga State, please complete a College application online and choose “Credit Division” then choose “Radiologic Technology”. Successful completion of all admission requirements to Chattanooga State entails:
- Submitting all official transcripts, vaccination, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Testing (if applicable)
- Orientation (if applicable)
Go to the admission status page to check on your admission status.
Once College Enrollment is Complete
Meet with an advisor to develop your academic plan. All learning support classes should be completed first (if applicable). The prerequisite and general education classes will lighten the load once in the program. Points are awarded for completed courses in the selection process. Please call (423) 697-4450 to set up an advising appointment. Note: To help you understand the program acceptance process, important details, etc., attend a required Radiologic Technology information session.
If taking classes at another college and applying directly to the program: Start Chattanooga State admission process early. Be sure to include transcripts that you are presently taking even though in progress. As soon as final grades are posted, have your transcript sent immediately to Chattanooga State Admission’s Office to be evaluated. This way you can be fully admitted by the program deadline date.
Program Requirements before Deadline
- Attend a required information session. You must attend a session in the year leading up to application, even if you have previously attended a session in the prior year. No late arrivers will be admitted - so don't be late!
- Take the TEAS test. Sign up early, spaces fill up fast. For more information about the TEAS test and registration form visit the ATI TEAS website.
Important Notes from the Radiologic Technology Program to be included in applicant pool:
- Must be fully admitted to the college by program deadline date
- Must maintain a “C” or better in all courses
- Must have a minimal 2.5 GPA (Program & Cumulative)
- Must have attended an RT information session in the year leading up to application
- TEAS score at least 60% composite from Math, Reading, English and Science on the TEAS test
Remember: The point calculation assessment will include spring courses in progress at the time of the application deadline. Therefore, if you do not attend Chattanooga State, immediately after your spring grades are posted, send your final transcript to the Chattanooga State Admission Office so they can be evaluated.
Submit Program Application and Required Materials
Completed College Enrollment is required before program deadline for consideration of program admittance.
Complete and print the Radiologic Technology Online Application form. Submit the application with the following materials:
- Copy of TEAS Results that you want to use in your point calculation. View ATI TEAS website for all important details before and after taking the TEAS test.
- Copy of your Point Summary calculations found under selection/point calculation on the RT website
Submit Application and Required Materials to:
Chattanooga State Community College
N&AH Application Coordinator, HSC 2088
4501 Amnicola Hwy.
Chattanooga TN 37406