Be job-ready. Earn a Computer Support Technician Diploma in about a year. Train for an entry-level position in Information Technology supporting computer systems, mobile devices, and networks in the modern workforce. Obtain industry-standard certifications through guided instruction, lab simulations, and live work. Develop personal, workplace, and technical skills grounded in academics.
- Program Length 3 semester (Diploma)
- Job Placement 85%
- Average Earnings $42,735 / yr
- Cost $9270
- Provide technical support for hardware and software maintenance and use.
- Monitor computer systems' performance to ensure proper operation.
- Collaborate with others to resolve technical issues.
- Solve computer hardware and software problems.
- Read and communicate technical information effectively.
Enroll for fall, spring or summer semesters. Enrollment is limited to 35 students in each class. Current students are provided with opportunity to register early. Completion of the program requires 1290 clock hours.
|Semester||Day Class||Evening Class||Days|
|Fall (450 hours)||7:45am – 2:30pm||4:00pm - 10:45pm||Monday - Friday|
|Spring (450 hours)||7:45am – 2:30pm||4:00pm - 10:45pm||Monday - Friday|
|Summer (390 hours)||7:45am – 2:45pm||4:00pm - 11:00pm||Monday - Friday|
1 - Small Computer Repair Tool Kit (available in bookstore)
1 - Anti-Static Wrist Strap (available in bookstore)
1 - Precision Screwdriver Set
|Certification Exam Vouchers||$355|
The price of vouchers for certification exams is based on the student discount rate from CompTIA Academic Marketplace. TCAT students are eligible for the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant and the Tennessee Promise of Reconnect scholarships that can offset the costs of tuition and fees. Under extenuation circumstances, the Vice President for Academic Affairs, at her/his discretion, may grant exception to the fees.
Special Fees Charged in Addition to Maintenance and Tuition
- Credit by Examination Fee - The regular course fee is charged for each special examination and must be paid prior to taking the examination. Non-refundable. (See Academic Regulations.)
- Credit for Life Experience Fees - Assessment Fee for Experiential Learning $45.00. Experiential Learning Credit $15.00 per credit hour in excess of 3.0 credit hours. $90.00 maximum.
- High School Equivalency Test (Hi-SET) - $75
- Placement Test Fees - ACT - $45.00. (Refer to Admissions Policy.)
- Comp TIA A+ Guide to IT Technical Support, 10th Edition, Cengage Learning, ISBN: 9780357108291
- CompTIAA+ Practice Tests: Exam Core 1 (220-1001) and Exam Core 2 (220-1002), 2nd Edition, Sybex, ISBN: 9781119516972
- CompTIA Network+ Guide to Networks, 8th Edition, Cengage Learning, ISBN: 9781337569330
- Comp TIA Network+ Practice Test: Exam N10-007, Sybex, ISBN: 9781119432128
Comp TIA Certification Exam Vouchers
- A+ Exam Core 1 (220-1001) and Exam Core 2 (220-1002)
- Network+ Exam (N10-007)
TestOut Labsim Software
- Office Pro
- PC Pro
- Network Pro
Module 1: Introduction to Computers and Microsoft Office Applications
Module 2: Introduction to A+ Essentials-901
Module 3: A+ .....................-901 (continued)
Module 4: A+ Software-902
Module 5: Network+N 10-007