The Testing Center as part of the Academic Support Services Unit supports the institutional mission of Chattanooga State Community College by providing examinations for academic and professional advancement to students and externally to the community. Our Testing Center thrives to maintain compliance with nationally-recognized, standardized, testing standards and practices, safeguarding confidentiality of all records, and creating an optimal testing environment.
Location: IMC Building Room 122 (View Campus Map)
- Monday (7:45 AM - 7:00 PM)
- Tuesday (8:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
- Wednesday (7:45 AM -4:00 PM)
- Thursday (8:00 AM -7:00 PM)
- Friday (8:00 AM -3:30 PM)
- Saturday (8:00 AM -1:00 PM)
There are no evenings or Saturday hours during semester breaks or Saturday hours during May-September.
- Administering appropriate exams to determine initial course placement to support student retention and success
- Referring students to appropriate resources for test preparation and registration
- Provide assistance to academic divisions on campus by providing necessary examinations for entrance and certification
- Assist Academic Resources by conducting all online student exams
- Support the TN eCampus program by providing proctored midterms and final exams
- Provide a public service by offering computer-based and/or paper-pencil testing services to businesses
- Administer national and professional entrance, certification and career entrance examinations
- Provide a facility that is conducive to a quality testing environment
- We strive to be efficient, fair and secure with our testing practices and maintain technological advancements
- Adhere to the Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers
General Testing Requirements- What is Prohibited?
- Chattanooga State ID
- Distance Student Testing: Host/Home institution’s ID.
- Debit/Credit, Cash or Check for testing fees
- Cell phones
- Digital/Smart watches
- Alarm watches
- Wristwatch cameras
- Photographic or copying devices
- Hats/scarves, etc.*
- Listening devices such as radios, media players with headphones or recorders
- Glasses with vision software/Virtual Reality Glasses
*Unless worn as a religious requirement of for medical reasons