Use this Sonography application checklist as a guide for successfully completing the application process for the college and the Sonography program. All application materials must be received on or before March 15 of each year.
Note: Diagnostic Medical Sonography (even years) and Cardiovascular Sonography (odd years)
Complete College Enrollment
For consideration of program admittance, you must have completed Chattanooga State enrollment before the program deadline. If you are not a current student at Chattanooga State, please complete a College application online and choose “Credit Division” then choose “Sonography”. Successful completion of all admission requirements to Chattanooga State entails:
- Submitting all official transcripts, vaccination, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Testing (if applicable)
- Orientation (if applicable)
Go to the admission status page to check on your admission status.
Once College Enrollment is Complete
- Must be in the process of completing, or have already completed, an accredited patient care degree (minimum AAS- equivalent with at least 2 years of clinic involved), e.g., Radiologic Technology Program and certification in that same field prior to program entry date. (Please do not contact program personnel to request exceptions to this primary pre-requisite. They cannot be granted.)
- Must be in the process of completing, or have already completed, all required primary prerequisites prior to program entry date. These include as follows:
Primary Prerequisites for Admission
Those who have not yet taken their certification exams can still be accepted on a probationary status.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II (with labs)
- Pre-Calculus, College Algebra or Statistics
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication (may be a component of another course)
- Medical Terminology (may be a component of another course)
- Patient Care & Ethics (may be a component of another course)
- Physics (General, if not Radiologic)
- Computer Course (high school or college level)
- Pending Requirement: Imaging Course/Documented Imaging Experience (online course is currently being developed so that non-radiography students may take it during the summer semester prior to program admission)
- Chemistry is also recommended, but not required.
Note: Specific documentation must be provided within a course description or syllabus if the specified pre-requisites are components within another course.
Submit Program Application and Required Materials
Completed College Enrollment is required before program deadline for consideration of program admittance.
Complete the Online Allied Health Application form specifying DMS or CVS and attach the following documentation:
- Copy of high school transcript and all previous college *transcripts.
- Copy of proof of professional and CPR certification (if available at time of application)
Submit these forms in a sealed envelope and mail to the address below:
- Clinical Observation Evaluation Form
- Health Program Clinical Instructor Reference Form
- Health Education Program Director Reference Form
- Personal Reference Form (Professional in nature)
- Use the N&AH Transcript Request Form on Sonography website to obtain transcripts for the program.
- Copies are needed from all previous college(s)
- Do not request transcripts from the Records Office at Chattanooga State.
Submit Application and other Required Materials to:
Chattanooga State Community College
N&AH Application Coordinator, HSC 2088
4501 Amnicola Hwy
Chattanooga TN 37406
Phone: (423) 697-2504 Fax: (423) 697-2628
Application Follow-Up Procedures:
- If you have not received a confirmation of receipt of your application by April 15, please contact (423) 697-2504.
- If you have not received a telephone call, email and/or a letter regarding your academic eligibility as to whether you will receive an interview for program admission consideration by May 1, please contact (423) 697-3360.
- If you attended the interview process and have not received a letter of decision regarding program entry by June 15, please contact (423) 697-3360 for updated information. (The earliest date for receiving this letter would be June 1, and the absolute last day for receiving this letter would be July 1.)