Use this Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) application checklist as a guide for successfully completing the application process for the college and the PTA program. All application materials must be received on or before the first Monday in February of each year.
Complete College Enrollment
For consideration of program admittance, you must have completed Chattanooga State enrollment before the program deadline. If you are not a current student at Chattanooga State, please complete a College application online and choose “Credit Division” then choose “Physical Therapist Assistant”. Successful completion of all admission requirements to Chattanooga State entails:
- Submitting all official transcripts, vaccination, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Testing (if applicable)
- Orientation (if applicable)
Go to the admission status page to check on your admission status.
Once College Enrollment is Complete
Meet with an advisor to develop your academic plan. All learning support classes should be completed first (if applicable). The prerequisite and general education classes will lighten the load once in the program. Points are awarded for completed courses in the selection process. Please call (423) 697-4450 to set up an advising appointment. Note: To help you understand the program acceptance process, important details, etc., attend a Physical Therapist Assistant information session.
If taking classes at another college and applying directly to the program: Start Chattanooga State admission process early. Be sure to include transcripts that you are presently taking even though in progress. As soon as final grades are posted, have your transcript sent immediately to Chattanooga State Admission’s Office to be evaluated. This way you can be fully admitted by the program deadline date.
Program Requirements Before Deadline
- Attend a PTA information session. This session is required (except with written permission from PTA program director).
- Take the TEAS test. Sign up early, spaces fill up fast. For more information about the TEAS test and registration form visit the ATI TEAS website.
- Complete the required 16 Hours of Observation
- You will need 2 Student Recommendation Forms in sealed envelopes
To be included in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program applicant pool:
- Must be fully admitted to the college by the program deadline date
- Must maintain a “C” or better in all courses
- Must have a minimal 2.5 Program GPA
- Must be at least 18 years old on or before the day the student enters the PTA program.
- TEAS score at least 60% composite from Math, Reading, Science and English on the TEAS test
Remember: The point calculation assessment will not include spring courses in progress at the time of the application deadline. Therefore, if you do not attend Chattanooga State, immediately after your fall grades are posted, send your final transcript to the Chattanooga State Admission Office so they can be evaluated before program deadline date.
Submit Program Application and Required Materials
Completed College Enrollment is required before program deadline for consideration of program admittance.
Complete and print the Physical Therapist Assistant Online Application form and include the following:
- Copy of completed 16 hours Clinical Observation Form
- Submit 2 Student Recommendation Forms in sealed envelopes
- Copy of TEAS Results that you want to use in your point calculation. View ATI TEAS website for all important details before and after taking the TEAS test.
- Copy of your Point Summary calculations found under Selection/Point Calculation on the PTA website
- Copy of letter from employer, if you meet the requirements for work points. This letter should be on letterhead and must include your direct supervisor's name, dates of employment, hrs per week, and duties performed.
Submit Application and Required Materials to:
Chattanooga State Community College
N&AH Application Coordinator, HSC 2088
4501 Amnicola Hwy.
Chattanooga TN 37406