Use this Pharmacy Technician application checklist as a guide for successfully completing the application process for the college and the Advanced Pharmacy Technology program.
Students are encouraged to apply early, as the program is filled on a Rolling Admission basis. This means that applications are reviewed upon receipt, interviews are scheduled, and notification letters are mailed to applicants until the class has been filled.
Complete College Enrollment
For consideration of program admittance, you must have completed Chattanooga State enrollment before the program deadline. If you are not a current student at Chattanooga State, please complete a College application online and choose “Credit Division” then choose “Pharmacy Technician”. Successful completion of all admission requirements to Chattanooga State entails:
- Submitting all official transcripts, vaccination, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Testing (if applicable)
- Orientation (if applicable)
Go to the admission status page to check on your admission status.
Once College Enrollment is Complete
To be included in Advanced Pharmacy Technology applicant pool:
- Must be fully admitted to the college
- Completed learning support classes (if applicable)
- Must demonstrate ability to perform at college level in English and Reading through the ACT, SAT, college entrance test or by completion of college level courses.
- Must maintain a “C” or better in college courses (if applicable).
- Math requirement is preferred college level to be admitted without any conditions.
- Students must have English language proficiency including reading, writing, and speaking.
Turning in Program Application
Complete College Enrollment is required before program deadline for consideration of program admittance.
Complete and Print the Online Allied Health application form. Submit application and include the following:
- Copy of 2 reference letters from 2 individuals who have known you well on a professional or educational basis.
- Competitive applicants will be invited for an interview which you should dress professionally for interview
- Selected applicants must attend program orientation prior to registering for Advanced Pharmacy Technology classes. Dates will be announced.
Submit Application and Required Materials to:
Chattanooga State Community College
Attn: Advanced Pharmacy Technology Director, HSC 2084
4501 Amnicola Hwy.
Chattanooga TN 37406