Dear Chattanooga State Family,
I hope your fall break was a time for you to rest and recharge. As we prepare for the second session of our 7-week classes and the second half of the semester for 15-week classes, I hope you feel ready to finish the year strong.
Over 500 of our students are starting their semester for the first time next week. I am happy to welcome these new students to the College and to the Chattanooga State family.
Whether you are returning for the second half of the semester or starting classes for the first time, I encourage you to take advantage of the many resources at the College to help you achieve your goals. Remember, the greatest resource you have is your instructors. Be sure to stay in contact with them during the semester.
We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.
Chattanooga State is currently operating with unlimited campus access and a mask requirement when indoors regardless of vaccination status. The face mask requirement has been extended to December 31. At that time, the College will reassess this requirement.
- Tutoring: ChattState offers in-person and virtual tutoring services.
- Emergency Aid: The Student Support Center is available to assist students struggling to meet their basic needs. Please use the Wellness Check on TigerWeb to let us know if you need assistance.
- Technology Support: Devices (laptops, hotspots, etc.) are available through the College. To request a device, complete the technology request form. Technology will continue to be available for students as long as they remain enrolled.
- Support Services: Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Visit the virtual Student Support Center to learn more about the many services offered.
- Academic Resources: Visit the Fall 2021 Update page for a listing of academic resources, including links to the Math Center, Andrews Reading and Writing Center, the Testing Center, Kolwyck Library, and more.
- Student Assistance Library Campus Guide: We now have a Campus Guide for students to provide assistance with eLearn / Virtual Classes / Proctoring / Accessibility / etc.
- Career Services Center: The Career Services Center is available to provide services online or by phone to Chattanooga State students, alumni, faculty and staff. Services include career counseling & assistance with selecting a major, job search planning, resume writing assistance, interview skills, and more. Visit JOBlink to view job and internship opportunities. To schedule an appointment for any service, please call 423-697-4421 or email email@example.com. The Career Services Virtual Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Food: The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need.
- Tennessee Board of Regents Student Resources: We know that the global COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak has been causing a great deal of uncertainty, anxiety, and stress for students across Tennessee. Please know that you are not alone.
- Ride CARTA for Free: Chattanooga State students may ride CARTA for free with a valid ChattState ID through August 31, 2022. This agreement covers all routes.
Student Feedback on 7-week Courses
Students, we want to improve our 7-week courses to best support you. Please take a moment to complete the following survey. The information provided will be reviewed by the 7-week Student Success and Logistics Committees. A link to the survey can also be found in eLearn and on the ChattState Students Facebook page. Responses will be collected through Sunday, October 10th.
All students are welcome to join! Check out your Student Life Calendar of Events—we have lots of events scheduled—join us!