Use this Veterinary Technology application checklist as a guide for successfully completing the application process for the college and the Veterinary Technology program. All application materials must be received on or before November 1 of each year.
Complete College Enrollment
For consideration of program admittance, you must have completed Chattanooga State enrollment before the program deadline. If you are not a current student at Chattanooga State, please complete a College application online and choose “Credit Division” then choose “Veterinary Technology”. Successful completion of all admission requirements to Chattanooga State entails:
- Submitting all official transcripts, vaccination, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Testing (if applicable)
- Orientation (if applicable)
Go to the admission status page to check on your admission status.
Once College Enrollment is Complete
Meet with an advisor to develop your academic plan. All learning support classes should be completed first (if applicable). For example, one must be at college level Math, Reading and English to take BIOL 1110 and VETT 1010. The prerequisite and general education classes will lighten the load once in the program. Points are awarded for completed courses in the selection process. Please call (423) 697-4450 to set up an advising appointment. Note: To help you understand the program acceptance process, important details, etc., attend a Veterinary Technology information session.
If taking classes at another college and applying directly to the program: Start Chattanooga State admission process early. Be sure to include transcripts that you are presently taking even though in progress. As soon as final grades are posted, have your transcript sent immediately to Chattanooga State Admission’s Office to be evaluated. This way you can be fully admitted by program deadline date.
Program Requirements before Deadline:
- Attend a Veterinary Technology information session to obtain an explanation of the application process (session not required, but strongly recommended).
- Take the TEAS test. Sign up early, spaces fill up fast. For more information about the TEAS test and registration form visit the ATI TEAS website. The deadline to take the ATI TEAS is November 1 for the year that you apply.
- Complete required 16 Hours of Observation
- Or (if applicable) submit Veterinary Related Work Experience Form (6 month minimal)
To be included in Veterinary Technology Program applicant pool:
- Must have these courses completed: English 1010; BIOL 1110 (General Biology I); and VETT 1010 (Introduction to Veterinary Technology)
- Must maintain a “C” or better in all courses
- Must have a minimal 2.0 GPA
- TEAS score at least 50% composite from Math, Reading, Science and English. This is a collective score minimum and not individually.
Submit Program Application and Required Materials
Completed College Enrollment is required before program deadline for consideration of program admittance.
Complete and print the online Veterinary Technology Application form. Submit application and include the following:
- Copy of completed 16 hours Clinical Observation Form - or -
- If applicable, copy of Veterinary Related Work Experience Form (6 months minimal)
- Copy of your Point Summary calculations found under Selection/Point Calculation on the DH website
- Copy of TEAS Results that you want to use in your point calculation. View ATI TEAS website for all important details before and after taking the TEAS test.
Submit Application and Required Materials to:
Chattanooga State Community College
N&AH Application Coordinator, HSC 2088
4501 Amnicola Hwy.
Chattanooga TN 37406