Students who complete the Paramedic Training program may receive 30 hours of Advanced Placement credit toward the completion of an Associate of Applied Science degree in Health Sciences, Associate of Applied Science degree in Management with a Health Services concentration, or Associate of Applied Science degree in Fire Science with an Emergency Medical Care concentration.
Paramedic Application Procedures
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma or a GED.
- Complete the Chattanooga State College Enrollment
- Complete English 1010
- If you are currently in the AEMT program: attend a required EMS Information Session to proceed to the Paramedic program.
If you are not currently in the AEMT program: If you are college level and have completed English 1010; go to the required EMS Program Information Session. You will receive important information on the program acceptance process and the steps you will need to be accepted in the Paramedic program:
Note: If you have completed English 1010, BIOL 2010 & 2020, you are ready to apply to the Paramedic program.
- Take the TEAS exam to see how your composite score calculates to determine if you will have to take BIOL 2010 & BIOL 2020:
- If the composite score is 50% or above you will be exempted from taking BIOL 2010 or BIOL 2020; you are ready to apply to the AEMT program.
- If composite score is below 50% you need to schedule an appointment with an advisor to complete these science courses before applying. The TEAS test can be retaken every 6 weeks but no more than 3 times per year. To meet with an advisor call (423) 697-4450 or meet with an EMS faculty member.
- Applicants must possess a valid TN AEMT license prior to the beginning of the course.
- Submit Paramedic Program application materials by June 30th of each year.
NOTE: Review the Paramedic Application Checklist to successfully complete the process.
- Copy of high school transcripts or GED scores
- Copy of all college transcripts with the exception of Chattanooga State transcripts
- Copy of TEAS score
- Copy of TN AEMT License
- Entrance eligibility testing required:
- AEMT written test (must score 70% or higher)
- Panel Interview
Students will be selected for the program based on the EMT written exam and interview.
Note to applicants: Paramedic applicants are selected based on the EMT written exam and Panel Interview.
- It is the student’s responsibility to complete the Chattanooga State admissions process.
- Failure to complete application procedure for the Paramedic program will result being removed from the applicant pool.
- The number of years of work experience as an EMT is also considered.