Use this Nuclear Medicine Technology (NMT) application checklist as a guide for successfully completing the application process for the college and the NMT program. All application materials must be received on or before March 1 of each year (If application deadline falls on a weekend, the following Monday will be considered the deadline date).
Complete College Enrollment
For consideration of program admittance, you must have completed Chattanooga State enrollment before the program deadline. If you are not a current student at Chattanooga State, please complete a College application online and choose “Credit Division” then choose “Nuclear Medicine AAS”. Successful completion of all admission requirements to Chattanooga State entails:
- Submitting all official transcripts, vaccination, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Testing (if applicable)
- Orientation (if applicable)
Go to the admission status page to check on your admission status.
Once College Enrollment is Complete
Meet with an advisor to develop your academic plan. All learning support classes should be completed first (if applicable). The prerequisite and general education classes will lighten the load once in the program. Points are awarded for completed courses in the selection process. Please call (423) 697-4450 to set up an advising appointment. Note: To help you understand the program acceptance process, important details, etc., attend a NMT information session.
If taking classes at another college and applying directly to the program: Start Chattanooga State admission process early. Be sure to include transcripts that you are presently taking even though in progress. As soon as final grades are posted, have your transcript sent immediately to Chattanooga State Admission’s Office to be evaluated. This way you can be fully admitted by the program deadline date.
Program Requirements before Deadline:
- Attend a required NMT information session to obtain an explanation of the application process and important program details.
- Complete required minimum of 24 Hours of Observation
To be included in Nuclear Medicine Certificate applicant pool:
- Must be fully admitted to the college before program deadline date
- Must maintain a “C” or better in all courses
- Must have a minimal 2.5 science, program GPA and cumulative GPA
- Must have completed ALL general education requirements before starting NUCM fall curriculum: Anatomy and Physiology I and II w/lab, College Algebra, College Chemistry/w Lab, College Physics, Written Communication, Humanities Elective, Social Science Elective
- All General Education courses must be completed before starting the NUCM fall curriculum
Submit Program Application and Required Materials
Completed College Enrollment is required before program deadline for consideration of program admittance.
Complete the online application form and attach the following:
- Copy of high school transcript. Note: All previous transcripts sent to Chattanooga State Admissions Office cannot be copied and forwarded to the Nursing & Allied Health Division. Have your high school send an original to the student so a copy can be made.
- Copy of completed 24 hours Clinical Observation Forms
- Copy of Personal Reference
- Copy of Academic Reference (from faculty other than Nuclear Medicine faculty)
- Copy of Clinical Observation Evaluation Form
Saving/Submitting the online application will automatically submit the application and attachments to the Nursing and Allied Health Application Coordinator.