You are a First Time College Student if you meet all of the following requirements:
We’re glad you’re here! You’ve chosen a great place to begin your college career. No matter what courses you take you’ll find that Chattanooga State’s entire faculty and staff are here to help you further your educational dreams.
Admissions Checklist for First Time College Students
Submit Proof of United States Citizenship or lawful presence (This is not required to be admitted to the college. However, students who do not submit the proper proof(s), cannot receive in-state tuition rates or other state benefits.)
Submit one of the following unexpired documents:
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for which the student's US Citizenship or eligible non-citizenship status is confirmed
- Regular Tennessee Driver License, State ID, or Learner Permit
- Out of state Driver License, State ID, or Learner Permit with a government-issued birth certificate
- US Passport
- Permanent Resident Card with picture ID
- Certificate of Citizenship (N560 or N561)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550, N570, or N578)
Submit Official High School Transcript or High School Equivalency Exam Score Report (HiSET or GED)
Transcripts: High School Counselors may submit transcripts electronically via one the following methods:
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Credentials Solutions
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
High School Equivalency Test Scores (HiSET or GED)
- Request your HiSET scores here
- Request GED scores here
- Submit HiSET or GED score reports in person at a campus location or email to email@example.com
Official Standardized Test Scores (ACT, SAT, etc.)
Test scores are used to determine placement into college courses and must be less than five years old based on the student's respective start of term date.
- Request your ACT Test Scores here (Use Chattanooga state ACT number to request scores: 4041)
- Request your SAT scores here
- Submit ACT and SAT score reports in person at a campus location or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Your Acceptance Email
An email will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions when you have been admitted to Chattanooga State.
Attend New Student Orientation
You will be emailed step-by-step instructions to register for the mandatory new student orientation.