Use this EMT application checklist as a guide for successfully completing the application process for the college and the EMT program. All application materials must be received on or before January 15 or July 31 of each year (if deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, deadline will be Friday before).
Complete College Enrollment
For consideration of program admittance, you must have completed Chattanooga State enrollment before the program deadline. If you are not a current student at Chattanooga State, please complete a College application online and choose “Credit Division” then choose “EMT”. Successful completion of all admission requirements to Chattanooga State entails:
- Submitting all official transcripts, vaccination, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Testing (if applicable)
- Orientation (if applicable)
Go to the admission status page to check on your admission status.
Once College Enrollment is Complete
All learning support classes must be completed (if applicable) and English 1010 is required before being accepted into the EMT program.
If you are college level and have completed English 1010; go to the required EMS Program Information Session. You will receive important information on the program acceptance process and the steps you will need to be accepted in the EMT program:
Note: If you have completed English 1010, BIOL 2010 & 2020, you are ready to apply to the EMT program.
Take the TEAS exam to see how your composite score calculates to determine if you will have to take BIOL 2010 & BIOL 2020:
- If the composite score is 50% or above you will be exempted from taking BIOL 2010 or BIOL 2020; you can now apply to the EMT program.
- If composite score is below 50% you need to schedule an appointment with an advisor to complete these science courses before applying. The TEAS test can be retaken every 6 weeks but no more than 3 times per year. To meet with an advisor call (423) 697-4450 or meet with an EMS faculty member.
Program Requirements before Deadline:
- Must be fully admitted to college
- Must be college level in Reading, Writing and Math
- Has completed English 1010
- Attend a required EMS Information Session
- Take the TEAS test. Sign up early, spaces fill up fast. For more information about the TEAS test and registration form visit the ATI TEAS website.
- Complete BIOL 2010 & 2020 if TEAS composite score is not 50% or above
Submit Program Application and Required Materials
Completed College Enrollment is required before program deadline for consideration of program admittance.
Complete and Print the Online EMT Application form. Submit the application and include the following:
- Copy of your high school transcript or GED Important Note: All previously transcripts sent to Chattanooga State Admissions Office cannot be copied and forwarded to the Nursing & Allied Health Division. Your High School should sent an original to the student to make a copy.
- Copy of TEAS Results. View ATI TEAS website for all important details before and after taking the TEAS test.
- Complete the additional requirements for admittance
Submit Application and Required Materials to:
Chattanooga State Community College
EMS Program, CBIH 139
4501 Amnicola Hwy.
Chattanooga TN 37406