The Workforce Development team of Chattanooga State include our faculty members and leadership team from academic divisions and highly qualified professionals with extensive backgrounds in business, manufacturing and education. We offer seminar, workshop, and certificate programs that meet the specific needs of a business or individual.
Stressing of effective instruction method, quality content, and flexible scheduling to produce needed results for our clients. Whether the service required is needs assessment, professional training and certification, or soft skill improvement, all programs are developed and implemented through information gathered and collaboration with each customer.
Our Workforce Development training partners include Amazon, BASF, Gestamp, TVA, Volkswagen Chattanooga Operations, WACKER Polysilicon, N.A., Whirlpool, and many more.
Chattanooga State’s Workforce Development team is here to provide training solutions addressing skill gaps, productivity issues, staff development, and strategic planning.
Skilled workforce is essential to business success. Chattanooga State has years of experience working with small and large businesses to explore current state of the workforce and plan short term and long term training needs. We can assist in pre-employment assessment, onboarding, gap analysis, training development, delivery, process improvement, and more. We provide our service on site, at our multiple campus locations, or at another convenient location.
- Expect high quality, quick response, great results from our training programs.
- Training is an investment on the most important asset of every company, people!
Location: You Decide When and Where
When: We will train when you need it; First shift, Second shift, Third shift or Weekends
Where: Chattanooga State, Your Site or a Third-Party Site
- Main, Dayton, and Kimball campuses
- We will train at your facilities no matter where they are located; in town, in-state, out-of state, even out-of-country!
- We will arrange training space at a facility in a location of your choice.
High Quality & Results
Expect High Quality
Our customized training programs are developed and tailored for every corporate partner.
- Your program meets your company's specific objectives
- Content that is customized to the education level, experience and interests of your attendees
- Experienced, credentialed, instructors are chosen from our current roster of 500+ professionals
- The money for the two hours of weekly coursework is well spent.
Productivity and Quality Training
Learning the principles behind improving productivity and quality in an operation are key to the success or failure of a business. Chattanooga State provides training to help in these key areas, including Six Sigma, ISO standards, and Statistics.
- This is an investment in our people and future. Our growth plan says we need more people to take on challenges.
Employers need to evaluate skills needed for each employee to be successful at specific jobs.
The Chattanooga State Regional WorkKeys Center is a licensed ACT service center. It was established in the mid-1990s to address the training needs of business and industry and to build a certified workforce for the Tennessee Valley. With today's global economy, higher skill levels are necessary for all jobs. Employers need to evaluate skills needed for each employee to be successful at specific jobs, and implement training to build a high performance workforce.
The WorkKeys system was designed by ACT, the same company that developed the college entrance exam. WorkKeys measures communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills which are the building blocks of any career. WorkKeys® is a national system of workplace skills measurement, designed to improve the overall quality of America's workplace, and is used by many employers in the Chattanooga area and by companies in 48 of the 50 states.
- Employees: Sign up to take a test. Call (423) 697-2661
- Employers: Find out more about WorkKeys and Profiling. Call (423) 697-3329
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment has been employed as a tool for many years by a variety of users in small businesses and large corporations, service industries and manufacturing. Chattanooga State can facilitate the administration of the MBTI for your organization.
The Hartman Value Profile
The Hartman Value Profile provides profiles of persons based on a hierarchy of values. The results of the profile measure a person's capacity to make value judgments with respect to the world and oneself. This information can be very valuable when evaluating prospective employees. Chattanooga State can facilitate the administration of the Hartman Profile for your organization.
Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC)
The Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC) affiliated with Chattanooga State provides several resources and services to entrepreneurs and business owners. The center provides classes, workshops, free confidential counseling and training services. We can help you learn about business issues including, but not limited to:
- Business plans, licenses, structures
- Business financing, sources of capital, financial planning
- Marketing, website development, social media strategy, e-commerce
- International trade, government contracts
- Growth planning, technology planning