Dear Chattanooga State Family,
We’re excited to have the hustle and bustle of classes back on campus the last two weeks. Being back for face-to-face classes is important, and we hope to be able to maintain face-to-face instruction moving forward. Thank you for wearing your masks while indoors as doing so will help reduce the number of positive COVID cases and direct contact on campus.
In addition to wearing your face mask, getting vaccinated against COVID is the number one way to prevent infection, prevent the spread of the virus, and to end the pandemic. You can get a free vaccination just down the street at the Tennessee Riverpark located at4301 Amnicola Highway—no appointments necessary. More information about free vaccination locations, dates and times is available on the Hamilton County Health Department website.
Again, we’re so excited to have you on campus. Let’s keep it that way.
We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.
Chattanooga State is currently operating with unlimited campus access and a mask requirement when indoors regardless of vaccination status. Wearing facemasks while indoors will be required through at least October 1. At that time, the College will reassess this requirement.
Self-Report a Covid Positive Diagnosis
During this semester, if you experience a positive COVID diagnosis, we request that you let us know through our Student/Staff/Faculty or Visitor/Economic Workforce Development self-reporting forms. For more information read, “How to Use the COVID-19 Self Reporting Form.”
We have resources on campus to help you achieve your goals, whether you are in a 7-week class or a 15-week class, we are here to help you succeed!
Located on the second floor of the IMC building, in room 225, the Math Center available to help students with all levels of Math. The center is equipped with over 180 computers for student use, and Math faculty and tutors are always available to assist students.
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Whether you are having trouble getting started on an assignment or have a complete draft ready for review, our tutors are happy to help with any written assignment for any class.
Chattanooga State offers FREE on-demand, online tutoring through Tutor.com. The service is easy to use and can be accessed from your course’s eLearn. Tutors are available to you 24/7.
Available computer labs across campus
The library will be open and computers will be available for homework and online/virtual class attendance.
Engineering and IT students will have access to Rooms 215 and 216 in the Wacker Institute on a first-come, first-served basis.
TCAT students will have access to TCAT 60 and TCAT 38 computer labs. Please note, these labs may be closed for testing purposes a few times per week. You should confirm hours of operation with your TCAT instructors.
Additional space may be made available as the need arises.
- Tutoring: Virtual tutoring services are available to you.
- Emergency Aid: The Student Support Center is available to assist students struggling to meet their basic needs. Please use the Wellness Check on TigerWeb to let us know if you need assistance.
- Technology Support: Devices (laptops, hotspots, etc.) are available through the College. To request a device, complete the technology request form. Technology will continue to be available for students as long as they remain enrolled.
- Support Services: Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Visit the virtual Student Support Center to learn more about the many services offered.
- Academic Resources: Visit the Fall 2021 Update page for a listing of academic resources, including links to the Math Center, Andrews Reading and Writing Center, the Testing Center, Kolwyck Library, and more.
- Student Assistance Library Campus Guide: We now have a Campus Guide for students to provide assistance with eLearn / Virtual Classes / Proctoring / Accessibility / etc.
- Career Services Center: The Career Services Center is available to provide services online or by phone to Chattanooga State students, alumni, faculty and staff. Services include career counseling & assistance with selecting a major, job search planning, resume writing assistance, interview skills, and more. Visit JOBlink to view job and internship opportunities. To schedule an appointment for any service, please call 423-697-4421 or email email@example.com. The Career Services Virtual Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Food: The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Visit for more information.
- Tennessee Board of Regents Student Resources: We know that the global COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak has been causing a great deal of uncertainty, anxiety, and stress for students across Tennessee. Please know that you are not alone.
All students are welcome to join! Check out your Student Life Calendar of Events—we have lots of events scheduled—join us!