Chattanooga State’s Dinner of Firsts 2017
Celebrating “Firsts” is always fun! Save the date and make plans to attend Chattanooga State Foundation’s Dinner of Firsts on Thursday evening, November 16th, 2017, at The Chattanoogan. The Dinner of Firsts is our signature “FUNdraising” event with a toast and roast honoring a community leader who is the first in their family to attend college.
This sixth annual dinner event will honor local community leader and philanthropist Patsy Hazlewood with Reggie Piercy serving as event Chair. In addition to being a first generation college student, Patsy has had a number of other significant firsts including being the first female elected to serve as Tennessee State Representative for District 27 and first woman to be elected president of the Chattanooga Rotary Club. Those roasting Patsy include Grady Williams, Dr. Phyllis Miller, her son Ben Hazlewood, County Mayor Jim Coppinger and Nina Coppinger. Jed Mescon will once again serve as our Master of Ceremonies.
We are honored to have Jeff Jackson, Market President of First Tennessee Bank along with Greg Vital, President and CEO of Independent Healthcare Properties & Morning Pointe, as our presenting sponsors and evening co-hosts. In addition to being our top sponsors for the event, First Tennessee Bank and Morning Pointe have also provided funding to establish an endowed First in the Family Scholarship in memory of Tom Edd Wilson.
Proceeds from the event fund scholarships for first-generation students and are divided equally between the annual First in the Family Scholarship and the Tom Edd Wilson First in the Family Endowed Scholarship. Nearly half of our students that apply for financial aid are the first in their families to attend college. Earnings from the first five years have generated more than $270,000 to support 135 students with First in the Family scholarships.
For more information on sponsorship levels and tables for Dinner of Firsts 2017, please contact Tammy in the Foundation Office at (423)697-3359 or email email@example.com. You may reserve your table by filling out the Reservation Form and sending it in. Thank you for your support and friendship.
- Presidential: $5,000.00. Full-page recognition ad in the program, social media recognition, company or individual listed on large screens and sponsor boards at the event, and one table with prime seating for 8.
- Summa Cum Laude: $2,500.00. Half-page recognition ad in the program, social media recognition, listing on all sponsor boards on display at the event, and one table with priority seating for 8.
- Magna Cum Laude: $2,000.00. Quarter-page recognition ad in the program, listing on all sponsor boards on display at the event, and one table with preferred seating for 8.
- Cum Laude: $1,200.00. Listing in the program and one table with seating for 8.
- General Seating: $150.00 each for general seating.
Gifts may be made directly to the Tom Edd Wilson First in the Family Endowed Scholarship at give.chattanoogastate.edu.