The Career Services and Counseling Center offers a number of workshops and events to help prepare students for a successful job search.
Resume Doctor 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Room 137
- Bring a copy of your resume for a quick resume critique
- Or e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Workshop Series at 1:00 p.m.
(Topics vary each week)
- Resume Writing 101: Learn helpful tips that will help your resume stand out.
- Ace Your Job Interview: Learn what to do before, during and after the job interview.
- Networking Basics for the Job Seeker: Learn tips that will help you start building your network.
- Social Media and the Job Search: Learn tips on how to use social media to your advantage in the job search process.
- What Employers Expect: Learn what employers expect from you as a new employee and how to make that first year a success!
- Backpack to Briefcase: Learn tips that will help you transition from being a college student to a career professional.
- Dress to Impress!: Learn how to dress for success!
Annual events provide a way for students to learn more about opportunities available within their major, field of interest, and continued education.
- Career Fair (open to all students, alumni & community)
- Health Career Fair (allied health majors only)
- College Transfer Fair (all students transferring to four year institution)