The EMT Training Program follows the 2009 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration National EMS Education Standards. Additional materials and skills required by the Tennessee Department of Health and Environment and Division of Emergency Medical Services are included.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma or a GED.
- Complete Chattanooga State College Enrollment
- Complete all learning support classes (if applicable)
- Complete English 1010
- Attend a required EMT program information session
Note: If you have completed English 1010, BIOL 2010 & 2020, you are ready to apply to the EMT program.
- Take the TEAS exam to see how your composite score calculates to determine if you will have to take BIOL 2010 & BIOL 2020:
- If the composite score is 50% or above you will be exempted from taking BIOL 2010 or BIOL 2020; you are ready to apply to the EMT program.
- If composite score is below 50% you need to schedule an appointment with an advisor to complete these science courses before applying. The TEAS test can be retaken every 6 weeks but no more than 3 times per year. To meet with an advisor call (423) 697-4450 or meet with an EMS faculty member.
- Submit EMT program application materials by the program deadline dates of January 15 or July 31 of each year.
Note: Review the EMT Application Checklist to successfully complete the process.
- Copy of high school transcript or GED score
- Copy of TEAS score
Note to applicants: EMT applicants are selected on a first come-first serve basis.
It is your responsibility to complete the Chattanooga State admissions process in order to get registered for an EMT spot.
Failure to complete the required process for the EMT program in the approved manner will result in your slot being assigned to another student.