September 28, 2018 | Betty Proctor | Internal Press Release
The 2019‐2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens on October 1, 2018, at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
Students can get assistance with completing the FAFSA early, before any priority deadlines for the upcoming year. Professionals will be available to help high school seniors, current students, independent students, dependent students, and families complete the application during these times to help you take advantage of the opportunity to access as many different types of financial aid as possible.
FAFSA Frenzy was designed to empower as many students as possible to access funds they need to attend postsecondary institutions.
Local FAFSA Frenzy assistance dates will be held in Chattanooga between October 1-6:
- October 1 and October 4 from 10 am to 6 pm, Tiger Express Lab, ChattState Student Center, 2nd floor
- October 6 from 9 am to Noon, Student Center, UTC Campus, Financial Aid Office
Things to remember when you apply:
- The 2019-2020 uses your 2017 tax and income information. It is recommended to use the “link to IRS” option to transfer this information directly from the IRS database into the FAFSA.
- A parent/step-parent must accompany dependent students under age 24 to complete and sign the FAFSA.
- To renew a FAFSA, the student and parent/step-parent must know their FAFSA ID and password. It can be reviewed at https://fsaid.ed.gov.
- Although the mobile app for the FAFSA is not yet available, the FAFSA website is now mobile device friendly.
Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/financial/financial-aid to learn more or call the Financial Aid office at (423) 697-4402 with questions.