Learning Support exists for the purpose of "enhancing student access and success in higher education" (TBR A-100 Guideline).
Learning Support courses are foundational classes for students who need help in any or all of the areas of reading, writing, or math to become college ready.
- The Math Center (IMC 225) offers support with any level Math class.
- The Writing Center (IMC 201) provides assistance with writing on all levels for any academic subject.
The Learning Center, located in IMC-125*, provides a variety of services including: academic assistance; help with homework, projects, and studying for tests; tutoring by professional and peer tutors in specific courses or areas of study; and assistance in improving study skills.
In addition, the Learning Center provides:
- information about college placement,
- practice for the ACCUPLACER Next Generation placement tests, and
- assistance in registering for the placement tests.
*Enter the Learning Center through the Student Support Center in IMC-124.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
- Friday: 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.