Thank you for your interest in the Collegiate High at Chattanooga State. This innovative partnership between Hamilton County Department of Education and Chattanooga State is designed to meet the educational needs of high potential students . This is also a school for students that may be dissatisfied in the “traditional high school” setting. Collegiate High students are enrolled in college courses that satisfy high school graduation credits while simultaneously earning college credits.
- 10th - 12th grade students must have an ACT composite score of 19 or higher (see ACT test information below).
- 9th grade students must have an EXPLORE score of 19, or take the Chattanooga State College ready Compass test.
- Students must be entering their freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year in high school.
- Students must have the maturity to cope with the freedom of a college environment.
- Students must have at least six high school
- Complete the Collegiate High application and return it to the Collegiate High office. Application may be returned by e-mail to: CollegiateHigh@chattanoogastate.edu.
- When you are accepted to Collegiate High, a separate application for Chattanooga State is required along with a $15 application fee. This application can be mailed or returned personally to the Collegiate High office.
- Present recommendations from two teachers and/or counselor , or a school principal. Home School students have the option of having their recommendations from other community sources. Recommendation can be mailed or faxed to the Collegiate High Office.
- Submit the Transcript Request to your guidance department. Transcripts should include all completed test scores and TCAP writing scores (if tests have been taken).
- Submit a recent ACT or SAT score (within the last three years) for grades 10 - 12 . If you have not taken the ACT test, you are encouraged to register to take the test on one of the national test dates. Registration forms and information may be obtained from your guidance office or the CHCS office. The Residual ACT test is administered in the Testing Center at Chattanooga State every Tuesday at 9 a.m. To obtain a Residual ACT test permit, call the Collegiate High office at 423-697-4492.
- Submit an EXPLORE test score of 19, or take the Chattanooga State College ready Compass.
When your Collegiate High application file is complete, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with Collegiate High administration. The interview sessions will take place after the application deadline for the upcoming semester. If further information is needed, please contact the Collegiate High office at 423-697-4492. Again, thank you for your interest in the Collegiate High.