These directions will get you to where you can make payments and/or enroll in the deferred fee payment plan.
How to Log In
- Visit tigerweb.chattanoogastate.edu
- Login with your TigerID and Password
How to Pay Your Fees
- Once logged in, click "Pay My Fees" in the Bursar's Office box.
- Click the "Continue" button to be directed to our secure payment site
How to Make a Payment or Enroll in the Deferred Fee Payment Plan
- From the Secure Payment Site home page, there are two approaches to paying full tuition or making payments on past due accounts:
- Click the Payments tab and then click Make A Payment
- Click Make a Payment box and then click Make A Payment
- Select "Pay by Term" and check the box with the term you want to pay. Click "Continue".
- Skip to step 12 if you are not enrolling in the Deferred Fee Payment Plan. For Deferred Fee Payment Plan, click the Payment Plans tab.
- Click Enroll Now
- Select Term from the drop down menu and click Select
- Information regarding the Deferred Fee Payment Plan, for the “selected term” is displayed, along with informing the student of the $25.00 enrollment fee click Continue or Cancel
- The Deferred Fee Payment Plan “Charges and Credits” are displayed. The total charges (tuition/fees) are shown and a down payment box is displayed. The amount shown in this field is 50% of the total tuition/fees. This is the minimum amount a student is allowed to pay in order to be set up on the Deferred Fee Payment Plan. The student may choose to pay more than the minimum due of 50% by entering a different amount in the “Down Payment” field. Click Display Payment Schedule.
- A worksheet will be displayed showing the 50% due today (down payment) or the amount entered by the student, plus the $25.00 enrollment fee, the next two payment dates and amounts due on those dates. The amount shown as “Down Payment” is needed to hold your classes (the first half of your tuition). You will be asked to respond to the question of “Set Up Automatic Payments” Click Yes, I want to set up my payments or No, I don’t want to set up payments. Click "Continue" to complete enrollment.
- Select the Payment Method by clicking on the drop down menu, then click Select. Students may pay using their checking/savings accounts and by Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- Fill in the information required for the payment method selected (This window will be different depending on the type of payment selected)
NOTE: If the student selects to use their bank account they will be required to electronically sign an ACH Agreement the first time they use this payment method. This is done by clicking on I Agree in the Agreement window, click Continue. Students may choose to save your payment method or sign up to have refunds directly deposited to their bank account.
- A payment confirmation screen appears. This is the last opportunity to cancel the process before submitting payment, click Continue.
Should you encounter difficulty with payment processing, please call the Bursar’s Office at (423) 697-4732.
For security of your student account information, EXIT/CLOSE all windows pertaining to your student account.
Important: Stopping payment on a check does not constitute proper withdrawal. A $30 fee will be cahrged for each returned check. Proper withdrawal procedures must be followed to assess any credits/charges to your accounts.
Chattanooga State began processing paper checks electronically effective July 19, 2007. If you deliver a check in-person or mail it to the college, your paper check will be converted to an electronic Automated Clearing House (ACH) transaction. For your reconciliation purposes, these checks will now appear on your monthly bank statement as an Electronic Debit. If for any reason you do not wish your check to be converted to an electronic debit, please send your payment to the address noted above, with notification that you do not want your check processed electronically.