Chattanooga State is selecting outstanding adult students (ages 25 and older) for membership into the National Chapter of Spire. Spire is the most important national honor society for non-traditional students enrolled in two-year academic programs. Spire was founded for the purpose of recognizing the unique achievements of adult and other non-traditional students enrolled in Associates Degree programs.
All students selected for induction must meet the following standards:
- Qualify as adult or non-traditional student under locally-derived and maintained definitions;
- Be within 12 months of graduation or have completed at least 33 college credit hours;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Be involved in at least three campus and/or community activities;
- Demonstrate leadership, persistence, and future promise;
- Maintain the highest ethical standards.
To receive consideration for the Spire Honor Society, you need to submit a resume to the Student Support Center by Tuesday, April 24. You may do so by bringing a hard copy of your resume to IMC 124 or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance in developing a resume, visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/student-support/careers.
A selection committee made up of faculty members and administrators will select the new inductees. If selected for membership, you will be notified, and you will then submit a Personal Data Sheet and a $30 check payable to Spire by Friday, April 27 to the Student Support Center (IMC 124). You will receive an attractive lapel pin and certificate to designate your membership into the society. We will be having a ceremony to honor you on Thursday, May 3, at 7:00 p.m. in the Faculty Dining Room (OMNI 124) on Chattanooga State’s campus. Refreshments will be served, and you are encouraged to bring family and friends to celebrate your outstanding achievement.
For additional information, please call (423)697-4483 or email email@example.com