The Tennessee Department of Education, in partnership with The College System of Tennessee, is seeking input for the next four year Perkins State Plan for Career and Technical Education in Tennessee. This plan includes:
- Secondary (K-12) teachers, career guidance and academic counselors, principals, school leaders, administrators, and specialized instructional support personnel, and paraprofessionals.
- Post-Secondary educational institutions, including faculty and administrators.
- Representatives of State board or local workforce development boards and local & regional business and industries.
- Parents and Students.
- Representatives of Special Populations
- Representatives of regional or local agencies serving out-of-school youth, homeless youth, and at-risk youth, plus additional partnering agencies/organizations
- Representatives of Indian Tribes and Tribal organizations in the state.
Seeking input on the direction Tennessee will take, over the next four years, in utilizing Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act for the 21st Century (Perkins V). Gap analysis, how to better meet the needs of students in gaining high skill, high demand, high wage positions in the state, and seeking labor market alignment will be discussed. Input is needed from all community members who are invested in Tennessee's future through the next Perkins State Plan.