Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
In support of the program mission statement, the educational objectives are as follows:
The program educational objectives support the program mission statement.
The Applied Science program will enable its graduates to:
- Practice engineering science while solving problems in a modern technological society as valuable productive engineering technicians, or be in good academic standing in an engineering program while completing an engineering degree.
- Pursue and succeed in furthering their education as they continue the process of life-long learning.
- Participate in activities that support service to and economic development of the region, state, and nation.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
The Student Outcomes are used to indicate learned capabilities students who have completed the program should be able to demonstrate.
Upon graduating from this program of study, students will demonstrate an ability to:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences, and other related disciplines
- an ability to conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve applied science problems
- an ability to function on teams
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- a recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern applied science tools necessary for professional practice