Prerequisite Admission Requirements:
- Applicants must be graduates of a CAHEA/JRCERT accredited Radiologic Technology Program
- Or an accredited Nuclear Medicine Program and eligible for certification
- OR certified and registered by the ARRT or CNMT
1. Complete the college admission application process for Full Admission to Chattanooga State (see college webpage for specific documentation requirements). Choose Computed Tomography as your major code. Please note you must register as a Credit student to be eligible for financial aid consideration. You can check your status at College Admission Status.
2. Complete the Allied Health Application. Attach all required documents to the online application.
3. Applications must be received by March 1 for priority consideration; clinical space is limited. Students requesting clinical sites must complete the Imaging Clinical Request form to submit with the Allied Health program application. Please note that program acceptance does not guarantee clinical placement due to limited availability.
4. Applicants must hold one of the following certifications for admission consideration with:
- R.T.(R)(ARRT) – Radiography
- R.T.(T)(ARRT) – Radiation Therapy
- R.T.(N)(ARRT) – Nuclear Medicine
- NMTCB – Nuclear Medicine
5. Attach a copy of your ARRT or NMTCB certification to the completed application. If you are registry-eligible in a primary exam category, you must provide proof of licensure by July 1 to continue in the program. Please note some clinical sites will not allow students unless they are fully registered in a primary category.
6. Once all required application materials have been reviewed and accepted, you will receive course registration, orientation, and clinical documentation instructions. You must be registered with all fees paid by the first day of classes.
7. If you are registering for the clinical course, you must attend a mandatory orientation session on the main college campus to receive your radiation dosimeter and obtain a student ID badge. This will be the only time you will be required to come to campus; all other interaction will be conducted online or at the assigned clinical affiliate.