Bursar FAQs

What is the fee cost per credit hour for the academic year?

In-State students: $172.00 per semester hour

Out-of-State students: $475.00 per credit hour, in addition to the In-State fee.

Are there any additional costs for RODP?

RODP Online Degree Fee is an additional $61.00 per credit hour. RODP Fees DO NOT cap at 12 hours.

Can I view my account online?

Yes, students may view their account via TigerWeb Self Service.

Does Chattanooga State offer any type of payment plan for my tuition/fees?

Yes, Chattanooga State offers an easy payment plan of three installments during the semester as follows:

  1. 50% of all fees are due at the time of registration
  2. 25% is due 30 days later
  3. 25% and final payment is due 30 days after the second payment

To take advantage of our Deferred Fee Payment Plan you must enroll prior to making your first payment. You have the option to sign up for the plan online through TigerWeb  or you can sign up at any Chattanooga State campus. There is a $25 initial setup fee and a late fee of $25 for each late payment. The payment due dates will be published each semester on Chattanooga State's Web Site.

Is there a calendar that lists the deadlines in order to drop a class and get a refund?

Yes, for more information please review our Refund Information.

Can my parent or guardian make a payment for me?

Yes, a student can set up one or multiple authorized users on their Student Account Profile.

If a refund is determined to be credited back to me, what is the procedure to receive that refund?

Refund percentages are based on billable hours, not amounts paid. Students who officially withdraw from school entirely, full-time students who drop to part-time or part-time students who drop one or more classes may be entitled to a refund. If a student receives any financial aid, refunds will first be credited to the appropriate source. No refunds will be issued until the end of the refund period. Stopping payment on a check does not constitute proper withdrawal or a refund of fees paid. (A $30.00 fee will be charged for any returned checks.) For further information please review our Refund Information.

All refunds, excluding financial aid, will be mailed. Please notify Admissions or the Registrar of any address/mailing changes.

What are the hours that I can pay my tuition at the main campus or at one of the off-site campus locations?

Bursar's…Student Accounts Hours of Operations

Main Campus
office: 423-697-4732
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.

Dayton Site
office: 423-365-5010
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.

East Campus
office: 423-697-4797
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.

Eastgate Town Center Site
office: 423-468-1140
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.

Kimball Site
office: 423-837-1327 (Please note Central Standard Time)
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.

Sequatchie/Bledsoe Site
office: 423-554-4027 (Please note Central Standard Time)
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.

What method(s) can I use to pay my tuition/fees?
  • Visa, Mastercard or Discover
  • Checking or Savings via Webcheck online
  • Enroll in the deferred payment plan online (allows you to pay in installments)
  • Check via Mail*
  • In Person: cash, check or credit

*Payments by mail must be received in the Bursars office no later than the payment due date, regardless of postmark date. All checks should be made payable to Chattanooga State Community College and include your name and your student ID number or your social security number. Do Not Send Cash.

Chattanooga State began processing paper checks electronically effective July 19, 2007. If you deliver a check in-person or mail it to the college, your paper check will be converted to an electronic Automated Clearing House (ACH) transaction. For your reconciliation purposes, these checks will now appear on your monthly bank statement as an Electronic Debit. If for any reason you do not wish your check to be converted to an electronic debit, please send your payment to the address noted above, with notification that you do not want your check processed electronically. How do I Pay?