- Chattanooga State is a fully accredited (SACS) community college with 40 years of service and education.
- We recommend that student-athletes take 15 hours per semester at an in-state tuition rate of just over $2100.00 per semester. Out-of-state tuition waivers are also available.
- Individual academic advising is done by qualified advisors knowledgeable about your athletic and academic situation. A strong emphasis is placed on trying to get the student-athlete to graduate with an Associates Degree.
- Labs (math, computer, writing, etc.) are available to students for additional, individual tutoring. Study hall is mandatory for players. Grade checks are performed 3 times per semester.
- Chattanooga State classes are small. Instructors are friendly and helpful. Students receive individual attention as needed for success.
- We emphasize completion of "meat-and-potatoes" courses that will transfer anywhere; provide the general education foundation for major fields of study; and allow smooth transition.
- Players will not miss fall classes due to game-related travel. Spring classes will be missed as infrequently as possible. Individual class schedules will be designed to minimize academic interruption due to away games.
- With the new addition of the Athletic Field house, the players have access to a fully equipped "study-hall" facility.
- Two seasons are emphasized: Fall and Spring
- The fall season is divided into two parts: on-field practice and off-field practice.
- On-field practice goes from the end of August through the Middle of October and will include scrimmage games and intersquad games(25-30).
- Coaches will prepare bi-monthly rankings and at the end of the on-field practice portion of the fall season.
- We recruit a smaller number of players than many programs. We are looking for great attitude and exceptional ability. We offer great playing time and a great learning environment - both on and off the field. We generally include 30-32 players on our roster. Once we have our players, we are done recruiting for the year.
- Off season begins in mid-October and goes through Christmas Break. Weight-lifting is done three times per week - with a rigorous circuit program specifically designed for the needs and demands of the game of baseball. Players run after weight-training (1, 2 or 3 miles). The runs are timed, and the order of finish is recorded for ranking purposes.
- Pitchers throw two days per week at minimum. Players will hit 2-3 days per week at minimum to tone their mechanics and make corrections. We have access to our "hitting barn" where hitters can go through station work and pitchers can do indoor throwing.
- Final rankings of ALL players are made and distributed over the Christmas Break after the on-field and off-field practices are complete.
- The spring season begins early in January as players return and pick up where they left off.
- Season begins in early February. We play56 games pursuant toNJCAA rules excluding post-season play.
- Conference games begin in late February. We play three-game series (one nine-inning game on Friday and two seven-inning games on Saturday).
- We travel in and out of state on Charter Buses.
- There are nine other teams in our conference: Cleveland State, Columbia State, Dyersburg State, Jackson State, Motlow State, Roane State, Volunteer State, Walters State, and Southwest Tennessee Community College.
- The top 2 teams fomr Tennessee (regular season and post season champs) will play a 4 team double elimination tournament with the top 2 from Georgia. Winner will to the NJCAA World Series in Grand Junction, Colorado.
- We go to games in Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama as well as other adjoining states.
- The baseball field has gone through a HUGE renovation which includes new: dugouts, grandstands, pressbox, lights and surrounding areas up-grades.
- Players receive annually such items as: jackets, pullovers, sweatshirts, shirts, hats, turf shoes, jerseys (with players' names), batting gloves and more.
- Players live OFF CAMPUS in apartments with eight to ten minutes away.
- Emphasis placed on understanding that SCHOOL and BASEBALL come 1st and 2nd!!
- Two-bedroom-two-bathroom apartments usually hold up to four players at a reduced rate.
- We meet in July to arrange roommates and lease agreements.
- Food services are provided on campus as well as in apartments.
- Athletic and Academic Scholarships are available.
- Minimum standards for academic scholarships include a 2.9 high-school GPA and a 2.5 GPA while at Chattanooga State.
- Awards are based on merit and are determined by the coaching staff.
Remember: We are only going to bring in (scholarship, non-scholarship ) those players who we feel can compete at this level for this program. Once we have satisfied that number of players we are finished recruiting for this year.
We want players that WANT to be at Chattanooga State!!