Return of Title IV Funds Calculation Estimate
The following is provided to help you estimate the amount of federal aid that must be returned based on your last day of attendance. The actual amount returned will be dependent upon the withdrawal date determined by the Registrar's Office and institutional charges which may not be considered in this estimate. The actual calculation and return of financial aid to the government will be completed within 45 days once the financial aid office receives the official date of withdrawal. Note: This calculator can only be used if at least one class spanned the entire semester. In addition, this calculator cannot be used for students enrolled in clock hour programs in the Tennessee Technology Center (TTC).
How to complete this Calculator:
- Amount of Federal Grants received for the SEMESTER: Enter the amount of Federal Grant money received for the semester is reflected in your account Self-Service section of TigerWeb. Enter 0 if you did not receive Federal Grant money for the semester.
- Amount of Federal Loans received for the SEMESTER: Enter the amount of Federal Loan money received for the semester is reflected in your account Self-Service section of TigerWeb. Enter 0 if you did not receive Federal Loan money the semester.
- Institutional Charges for the SEMESTER: The Institutional Charges consist of the class(es) and book charges.
- Term: Select the Academic Credit Term you are withdrawing from. If the term has ended, the calculator can no longer estimate what will be returned. Selecting the term you enrolled in will automatically populate the term start and end date.
- Date of Withdrawal: The date you either officially withdrew from the class or the last date of attendance at an academically-related activity.
Please remember this is an estimated amount of financial aid money that will be returned to the Federal Government. The actual amount returned will be reflected in your account once the funds are returned. If this return creates a balance due to Chattanooga State Community College, the balance must be paid before you can register for the next session. Financial Aid for a future session cannot be used to pay a past balance.