Engineering Technology Division Mission Statement
The Vision, Mission Statement, and Core Values for the Engineering Technology Division support the Institutional Mission Statement.
The Engineering Technology Division will be the regional leader in the tri-state area of southeast Tennessee, northwest Georgia, and northeast Alabama for student-centered, technological education. The division will continue to be the premier regional supplier of technically proficient graduates, from diverse backgrounds, for productive careers by providing them with practically focused and quality learning experiences.
The Engineering Technology Division serves the constituents of the greater Chattanooga economic region through the delivery, promotion, and advancement of high quality and accredited technology education in the areas of engineering technology, electrical/electronics engineering technology, engineering systems technology, as well as pre-engineering preparation. We will accomplish this through:
- Highly-qualified faculty who care about students and their success.
- Dynamic, up-to-date curriculum that has an optimal balance between theory and application.
- Laboratories, computer facilities, and instructional classrooms on par with any engineering technology program in the nation.
- Unique co-curricular opportunities for students such as participation in student design competitions, professional student organizations, and pre-professional employment.
- Mutually beneficial partnerships with regional business & industry partners who take advantage of our location and capabilities in the pursuit of economic development and growth.
- Strong cooperative relationships with universities, colleges, and local high schools.
Our Core Values:
The Engineering Technology Division strongly supports the mission of the College. In addition to the College values the Engineering Technology Division core values are:
- Ethics (work, personal, and professional)
- Social & Personal Responsibility
- Global Awareness