Beginning January 1, 2014, individuals seeking to earn a high school equivalency diploma will have the option of two exams: HiSet (High School Equivalency Test) or GED ® (General Educational Development) exam.
Complete the High School Equivalency release form and mail with a check for $10 or come to the testing center in IMC 122. Please allow 24 hours to receive the transcript.
Only individuals who have not earned a high school diploma may take these exams. The choice is yours.
- To Begin: call 423-697-2529
- When Wednesday -Computer Based will be given 3 times per month - Pencil/Paper will be given once per month
- Cost: $75 ($50 to HiSet and $25 to testing center)
- Scheduling: Online registration or by phone to ETS
- OPT required
- HiSet has 5 parts
These tests are based on competence in reading, writing, social studies, science and mathematics. For more information go to: hiset.ets.org
- When Monday - Computer based will be given 4 times per month
- Cost: $120 (State Vouchers available from Adult Education in 2014)
- Practice test is required, but may be taken online for $24 or $6 per subset
- Print off your test scores and take them to our official Adult Education provider at Chattanooga State East Campus on Lee Highway for verification.
Call them first at 423/697-2529
- Adult Education will verify if you have fulfilled the Tennessee State Requirements. Ask if a voucher is available to help pay for the test.
- OPT required
- GED has 4 parts
The adult education division is located at our Lee Highway campus
For more information go to: gedtestingservice.com
Day of Test
- Bring your government issued I.D.
- Bring your confirmation from Pearson-Vue or HiSet
- If taking the HiSet, you must bring your official copy of the practice test and testing center fee of $25. For the full battery